Scented Jar Candle - 'Christmas Tree' (Pine)
Regular price $25.00
Looking for a special candle?
Our scented 'Christmas Tree' candle has a fresh pine aroma...just like a Christmas Tree :)
All of our jar candles are hand poured and use natural soy wax.
Free freight for total order spend over $85 (urban) and over $95 (rural delivery).
1. Trim your wick before every use
2. When first lighting your candle, make sure it stays alight for 2-3 hours, or until the whole top of the candle is liquid wax. This will help your candle burn more evenly next time.
3. Keep away from draughts and out of direct sunlight
4. Burn for no longer than 4 hours at a time.
What are heat bags?The cosy lab heat bags are designed to help you relax at the end of the day!
Why do we use lupin seeds in our heat bags?
Lupin seeds retain their heat for longer than wheat, are odourless and don't sweat when heated in a microwave. They are also allergy-friendly for Coeliacs (coeliacs have an immunological response to gluten), or anyone who is Gluten-sensitive.
However, because lupin seeds are from the legume family, people with nut allergies should avoid use. If you are an allergy sufferer and in doubt please contact your physician before buying our heat bags.
How to use
Heat in the microwave
Simply pop your heat bag in the microwave for 2 minutes on high. Make sure the pack is as spread out and flat as possible to get even heat distributed through it. It’s really important to make sure your turntable inside the microwave actually turns. If it doesn’t, do not use, as this will cause uneven heating and may product hot spots that can burn.
WARNING: Please be warned that heat bags are a fire and burn hazard and must be treated with care. Heat bags should not be overheated, nor should they be placed into the bed because there is a risk that they could catch fire. For safety reasons, heat bags should not be heated in the oven.
Please carefully follow these instructions.
Test after 1 minute
Put your heat bag in the microwave. After 1 minute test your heat bag to see if it’s warm enough. If after a 30 seconds wait you think it needs a bit longer put it back in the microwave for another 30 seconds. See heating times below.
|Heatbag||Microwave 700 Watts||Microwave 850-1000 Watts|
|Small heat bag||2 minutes||1 minute|
|Large heat bag||3 minutes||2 minutes|
|Shrug (shoulder) heat bag||3 minutes||2 minutes|
NB. We don’t recommend using an oven as it’s not as safe as a microwave. If you accidentally leave it in the oven unattended there’s a chance it could smolder or catch on fire.
Try a cold pack in the freezer
You can also use your heat bags as a cold pack. Simply store it in the freezer and then apply to bruises, or strains. If your health condition is serious please seek professional medical advice.
Please be careful and follow these safety warnings::
- Don’t over heat your heat bag. It’s not designed to be extremely hot so please don’t put it in the microwave for any longer than 2-3 minutes.
- Always check the temperature before using the heat pack directly on your skin.
- Do not use your bag if you notice a burnt smell. If you notice this happening it is definitely time to replace your heat bag.
- We recommend replacing your heat bag after every two years of use.
- Make sure you store your heat bag in a dry place
- Never heat your bags in the oven.
Our small and large rectangular heat bags come with a removable cover which can be gently hand washed in cool water, and laid flat to dry. Do not use a dryer.
Do not wash the inner bag which is filled with lupin seed.
The heated shrug can be spot cleaned only.
We've made all of our products with sustainability in mind. Our products are made with natural - not synthetic materials, our heat bags include ethically grown lupin seeds and we have tried to use sustainable, minimal packaging materials. We lovingly hand craft our finished goods in New Zealand.